Wearing braces doesn’t mean sporting a silver smile. Today, we can offer many different types of braces that are less visible or invisible thanks to their materials and placement. One option is clear braces.
How Are Clear Braces and Aligners Different?
Clear braces are designed just like traditional metal braces. The only difference is that the brackets are clear. This means they have very little in common with aligners, save for the fact that they are less visible.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Clear Braces?
You want the orthodontic treatment you choose to be well suited to not just the issues being corrected, but your wants and lifestyle. Clear braces are great for some, and not so ideal for others. So, what are the advantages and disadvantages?
- They are less visible
- They work in professional settings
- Patients feel more confident with them
- They cost more than traditional metal braces
- The brackets and their ties may become discolored
- Ceramic braces can be broken more easily than other types
Whether or not they are right for you will depend on what you want and need from treatment. To learn more, schedule your consultation.