Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that uses a series of clear plastic aligners to straighten your teeth. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are removable, which means you can eat and drink whatever you want during treatment.
A series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners are crafted for your mouth to gradually move teeth into the desired position over time. Each aligner should be worn for two weeks before switching to the next set in the series.
Aligners are easy to remove for cleaning and eating. With no metal or sharp edges, they are more comfortable than traditional braces. They are also virtually invisible, making them a great option for adults and teens.
A consultation with our orthodontist can determine if you are a candidate for treatment with Invisalign.
The Benefits of Invisalign
Here are some of the advantages of using Invisalign clear aligners to straighten your teeth:
- Removable: The most obvious advantage to choosing Invisalign over metal braces is that they’re removable. You can take them out before meals and brush and floss as usual. Additionally, you can also remove them for special occasions or important events where having a mouth full of metal is not ideal.
- Comfortable: Since the trays are made from smooth plastic, they don’t irritate the insides of your cheeks as traditional braces do.
- Easy to clean: Since you can remove the aligners to eat, you don’t have to worry about food particles getting stuck, as is the case with the wires and brackets of traditional braces. You don’t have to worry about staining either, as Invisalign is made from clear plastic.
- Improved oral health: Wearing Invisalign makes it easier to maintain good oral hygiene habits. It’s much easier to keep your teeth and gums healthy when you are able to remove your aligners to brush and floss throughout the day.
- Quick results: Many adults want to improve their smile as fast as possible, and if that’s the case for you, you’re going to love Invisalign! Treatment takes about half the time it does with traditional braces, and in many cases, the treatment is finished within just a few months.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
Invisalign is an excellent option for anyone who wants to straighten their teeth without braces, but it may not be the right choice for everyone. It’s important to have a thorough consultation with our dentist before determining if Invisalign is the right fit for you. Our dentist can walk you through the pros and cons of Invisalign and help you decide if it’s the right treatment choice for you.
Invisalign patients need to have regular checkups with the dentist to make sure that the teeth are moving smoothly and correctly into the desired position. In addition, patients need to take care of their oral health at home by brushing after meals and flossing at least once a day. It’s also important to brush or rinse your teeth immediately after eating sugary foods and drinks to prevent decay and cavities.
If a patient has issues with gum disease, this may need to be treated prior to beginning Invisalign treatment. Some people who use Invisalign may experience minor discomfort or sensitivity, but this can usually be managed effectively with the help of a dentist.
To find out more about the dental services offered at our dental practice, call (480) 614-2211 or schedule a consultation online. You can also visit us at 12020 E Shea Blvd Suite 10, Scottsdale, AZ 85259.